Monday, July 23, 2012

China Glaze "Optical Illusion" & Pure Ice "Not Now"


Today I have on a manicure with two of my favorite things-turquoise nail polish and glitter.

Now... you might say this is green, not turquoise, but in real life it's got a very subtle hint of blue in it that I think qualifies it as a dark turquoise. It's a very, very pretty metallic polish from Pure Ice called "Not Now".

The glitter and stars are China Glaze "Optical Illusion", from their Prismatic Chroma Glitters collection. I have another one from this collection, called "Prism" that I used way back on April 23rd, and I just ordered "Full Spectrum" with my Copious credits, so it should be on it's way to my house. <g> They are all just the most gorgeous glitters I have ever seen.

For this manicure I did a focal nail with the China Glaze glitter, and made stars on top of the other nails with the glitter using a star-shaped hole punch and blue painter's tape.

The picture is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea. This was the first nail I did, and I didn't remove the tape quite quick enough, so it smudged the shape of the stars a little.



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I love the color and glitter! Since tape is about all I can manage as far as nail art, I really dig this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! I love the stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm going to look for a heart-shaped punch next.

      Delete