Sunday, August 19, 2012

Color Club "Wild & Willing" over Wet n Wild "Under Your Spell"

Today I have a manicure that at first glance might come across as plain, but when you see the gorgeous multichrome effect know it is definitely not plain!



Before I get too far into this post, I want to apologize for my cuticles. They're very dry, and I have at least three hangnails this week. I tried to edit them out of the picture, but this software I have on my home computer is no Photoshop. Just don't enlarge the picture. :)  If you follow my Facebook page, you know that I haven't been able to find my cuticle cream, and I also can't find my cuticle nippers (which I try not to use, but with the absence of the cream, I could have used them for the hangnails.) I'm pretty bummed about the hangnails, because I did so good about not flooding my cuticles with polish this week. Figures.

For my base color I used two coats of Wet n Wild Megalast "Under Your Spell", which is kind of a dark burgundy shimmer with hints of black. It was somewhat streaky with one coat, but it smoothed out pretty good with the second coat. If I was planning on wearing it by itself,  I probably would have added a third coat. It retails for $1.99 at most retail stores, and sometimes you can find it on sale for $0.99.

On top of the WnW I layered one coat of Color Club "Wild and Willing". "Wild and Willing" is a gold/coral/pink/green multichrome shimmer (mostly gold). These two polishes together create a spectacular multichrome. Depending on the light you can see gold, burgundy, brown, green, or all three. I'm not really sure how much Color Club retails for, because it's not available in my area, I had to buy it from an ebay seller. I think they are a Rite Aid drugstore brand, so they're probably not expensive.

So there you have it. Successful color combination and polish application, unsuccessful cuticle maintenance.

As a side note, I was at Ulta today, and there was a color from Pixel Polish called "Oh Golly Gee!!" that looked like it could be a match for this color combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment