Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dupe Alert! Sephora + Pantone Universe "Reflecting Pond" and Essie "Dive Bar"

I had a crazy weekend (my youngest son turned 5), so I didn't have time to do my nails this weekend. Shocking! However, I do have a post to share with everyone.


A few weeks ago I went to Sephora for the first time, and I picked a bottle of Sephora + Pantone Universe "Reflecting Pond", a dark blue shimmer with a hint of purple duochrome. As it turns out, I've had a dupe for this color for months! I noticed how similar they were this weekend, so I swatched them on nail wheels to be sure. Yep! Essie "Dive Bar" is the same color.


The dupe factor is not as obvious from the bottle shots, because of how thick the glass bottle is on the Pantone Universe Reflecting Pond.

The prices are comparable, but Dive Bar is cheaper. Dive Bar is $8 for .44 oz., and is sold at most retail locations (but it is a Fall 2011 Collection color, so availability could be affected). Reflecting Pond is $9 for .37 oz., and it is a Sephora exclusive. It's from the Pantone Universe Fall 2012 Collection. The Reflecting Pond has a flat brush, which is a plus to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment