Monday, March 19, 2012

Tape manicures are easy!


So this week I decided to do an angled contrast manicure using Scotch Tape. This was my first time using Scotch tape as part of my manicure, and it was easy! After my clear base coat, I put on a layer of Wet n Wild "Haze of Love", and after it was good and dry I angled pieces of Scotch Tape across the back half of my fingernails. Then I topped the remaining section with "Shine of the Times", from the Essie Luxeffects collection. Then I removed the tape and finished with my Sally Hansen top coat. I'm very happy with the finished manicure!

Wet n Wild "Haze of Love" & Essie "Shine of the Times".

Let me tell you how impressed I am with the "Haze of Love" from Wet n Wild! It's from their Megalast line. What you see in the first picture is only ONE COAT of nail polish. It's kind of a thick coat, but still! The day I bought this color I also bought another Wet n Wild Megalast called "On a Trip", a purple creme color. I hope it's just as good. The polishes in the Megalast line also have a new "Manicurve Pro" brushes, which I think I liked. If all the colors in the line are as good as the "Haze of Love" they are a great value. They retail for about $2 or less.

I bought the Essie "Shine of the Times" last month, and the effect is just wonderful! It's got these gorgeous color-shifting holographic flakies in it. I should have used it sooner. Essie is a bit pricier and retails for about $8.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I don't even do my nails (I have no patience!) but I love your dedication to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is pretty! I love that you didn't just layer shine of the times over black like everyone else ;)

    ReplyDelete