Monday, February 27, 2012

Ready for Spring?

I admit it. I'm not a fan of winter weather. Fortunately Spring is only a few weeks away, so I jumped the gun a little bit and put flower stickers on my manicure this week.

Zoya "Phoebe" Matte Velvet Polish with Kiss brand flower stickers.

This is my first time using a matte nail polish, and to be honest, I'm not sure what to think. I really like this color, and I like the finished texture, too, but the polish is not without it's cons. I don't know about all matte polish, but this Zoya brand dries fast! Almost too fast for me to finish painting my nail. I had heard that matte polish tends to chip faster than other polish, and it was true for me. I painted these on Friday night, and Sunday morning I noticed a chip on my right index finger. I'm also not sure about the stickers... I think I went overboard with them. I should have stuck with just one flower sticker per nail, or just done one nail with stickers as a focal nail.

I've had a few people ask me how many colors of nail polish I own, and until the other day, I didn't know. It turns out that the answer is 49 (for now). A lot of them (16) are Sinful Colors brand, because well, they're cheap. Also, I have quite a few bottles of glitter polish. As my cousin told me a few weeks ago, glitter has powers. Here's a photo of my collection:


No comments:

Post a Comment