Monday, April 9, 2012

Glitter overload, anyone?


So, maybe I should just rename my blog. Something to do with glitter obviously. What can I say, sparkly catches my eye. In my defense, I came across some GORGEOUS glitters that reminded me of fancy, glittery Easter Eggs. Plus, this way I can swatch several glitters at the same time.

Milani "Pink Flare", Wet n Wild "Back Alley Deals", Wet n Wild "Believe Me, It's Real", Deborah Lippmann "Mermaid's Dream", and Sinful Colors "All About You".

On my thumb is "Pink Flare" from the Milani One Coat Glitter Collection. What you see is actually two coats, not one, but I still think it's great coverage. Some of the glitter pieces are pretty prismatic, too. Very nice.

On my index finger is "Back Alley Deals" from the Wet n Wild coloricon Ice Baby Collection. Small purple glitter base and larger fuchsia pieces. Two coats.

My middle finger has "Believe Me, It's Real", also from the Wet n Wild coloricon Ice Baby Collection. It has a small blue glitter base with larger purple glitter pieces. Also two coats. I think this is my favorite color out of the five from this week, but I'm disappointed in how it photographed. The purple glitter in it is very hard to see, and the color doesn't look good in general in the picture. It looks awesome in person, though!

The color on my ring finger is something that's really exciting, at least for me. It's Deborah Lippmann "Mermaid's Dream". It's pricy stuff, and the only bottle of Deborah Lippmann I'm likely to own for awhile. It has a seafoam green base. I'm not sure, but I think the seafoam green is a really small micro-glitter. It also has a touch of gold micro-glitter, and larger turquoise glitter pieces. Two coats.

My pinky is sporting the only color I've already used in my blog before: Sinful Colors "All About You", gold glitter with a smattering of orange glitter. This one took three coats for coverage, and it probably could have benefited with a fourth coat.

I have two coats of Seche Vite fast dry top coat on each, but the two Wet n Wild colors would need more layers of top coat if you want perfectly smooth nails.

Which one of these colors is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment